YOU are highly skilled in MicrosoftO365 administration, especially with general user administration and providing Tier 1 support. You enjoy cloud deployments, and also have a proven track record with providing customer service. You are a problem solver who wants to use your considerable skills to help your colleagues and your organization. In short, you want to make a difference. If this describes you, then Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology wants to talk with you. We are currently seeking a Junior Server Engineer to join our server team.
- Work closely with the Senior Messaging Engineer to provide first escalation level messaging support, and general user administration for email and Skype
- Provide Tier 1 O365 administration, AD architecture, and mail flow for troubleshooting.
- Coordinate assistance and guidance to customers in the timeframe and manner defined by the supervisor or mutually agreed to with the customer. Satisfy customer requirements and identify solutions for customer related issues.
- Provide Technical support to Network Engineers, Systems Engineers and other staff as needed.
- Provide technical training as requested by management.
- Monitor systems and respond to issues proactively. - Knowledge of Microsoft O365 and Outlook configuration and administration,
- General knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of systems to include Active Directory, Domain Controllers, component services, such as but not limited to, file/print, DNS, DHCP, FTP, and IIS, Internet communication protocols, Windows/Linux/VMware infrastructure, server administration and software tools,
- Ability to communicate ideas and plans clearly, both orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical staff, Excellent customer service skills and know-how to assist users with solving business problems
Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s s degree with major coursework in computer science or related field and two years of professional experience in information technology. Windows Server certifications, AWS and/or Azure certifications are preferred. The Junior Server Engineer will participate in on-call rotation and is subject to be on call 24/7 to provide critical system support.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo an extensive background/credit check and fingerprinting. DMV record check is required.