The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) is currently seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Substance Use Disorder Case Manager. This full-time position is a member of the Case Management Program and will provide targeted case management services to individuals with a substance use disorder and/or who are dually diagnosed with substance use and mental health disorder. Targeted Case Management is an intensive, community based service occurring within the individual’s natural settings including their home.
Must have knowledge, experience and skills in:
- supporting individuals with substance use disorders and/or mental illness;
- conducting comprehensive psycho-social assessments utilizing ASAM criteria;
- provision of case management services;
- assessing an individual’s strengths and needs;
- developing and implementing a recovery oriented treatment plan;
- linking individuals to requested services and supports while promoting individual choice;
- working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to include psychiatrists, therapists, family members and other community service providers;
- facilitating intra-agency and interagency coordination;
- facilitating client-centered team meetings;
- monitoring service delivery
Effective oral and written communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and proficiency in electronic health records and operating software programs is required. Work schedule requires the flexibility to include evening hours. Office locations include the Leesburg and Eastern Loudoun Centers.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or a related field. Minimum of two (2) years related professional experience in the provision of mental health, substance abuse and/or case management services.
- QMHP-A and QMHP-C eligible.
- Prefer Master’s degree
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly desirable
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check, driving record check, TB test, credit check, successful completion of DBHDS case management modules, and successful completion of Department orientation and training requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development