Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Front Desk Supervisor position at Claude Moore Recreation & Community Center in Sterling, VA. Claude Moore is a state of the art facility featuring indoor pools, a multipurpose gymnasium and jogging track, fitness room, and climbing wall. The visible Front Desk Supervisor position supports recreation facility operations by managing front-line staff to ensure excellent customer service and continuous front counter coverage. This position directly supports customers both in person and over the telephone. Including answering questions about all aspects of center programs and facilities, working to resolve customer issues, and assisting with the registration process. This position will supervise and manage the facility and staff in the absence of manager and assist in the development and enforcement of center rules and regulations for participant use.
Other essential duties include:
- Will provide direct supervision to front line staff, including managing staff performance, training and certifications
- Maintains established standards and procedures relating to customer service and the front line staff
- Will assist with management of procurement of supplies and equipment for the facility, supervision of compliance with vendor contracts
- Using computer automated software, you will facilitate, coordinate, and oversee facility reservations and prepare charts and rosters
- Conducts a review of the daily cash drawer close outs, and ensures completion of daily shift logs and checklists
- Assists with the creation of flyers and other promotional materials to increase program awareness
- Provide back up support for the participant registration process, phone coverage and front desk duties as needed
- Provides other clerical and administrative support as assigned, in support of the recreation facility
Work schedule varies and will include early mornings, nights, weekends and occasional holidays to meet facility needs.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
- Six years of directly related experience which must include supervisory experience
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo criminal background and credit checks
- CPR/AED and First Aid must be obtained within 30 days of hire