Loudoun County Government is seeking qualified applicants for the regular, full-time position of Assistant Director with 20-L Juvenile Court Service Unit.
Under the general direction of the Director, the Assistant Director manages programs, daily operations, projects, and staff for the Unit and acts in the Director's absence on all matters including personnel, budget, procurement, grant oversight, and government interaction at local, state, and federal levels.
The Assistant Director works with the CSU Director to develop strategic plans, ensure that goals for Department of Juvenile Justice are aligned with strategy and achieved, support the vision and mission of DJJ, monitor budget/expenses for the Unit, supervise customer service, and ensure compliance with county, state and federal policies/procedures and laws/regulations related to juvenile justice.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology or related field and at least seven (7) years related work experience, including three (3) years of supervisory experience, preferably in government and criminal justice.
- May be required to work after hours and on weekends; travel locally and sometimes overnight.
- May be subject to on-call 24 hours/day and seven days a week.
- Work involves working with criminal defendants/offenders with violent histories, serious mental illness and substance abuse issues.
- Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities and needs.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Valid driver's license and good driving record (driving records may be reviewed annually for continued qualification).
- Pass background check (can include references, criminal/credit checks, fingerprinting, and polygraphs depending on assigned department).
- Be VCIN certified or become certified to operate a VCIN terminal within six months if applicable to assigned division.
- Desire professional/management certification in area related to assigned department and active membership in job-related professional organizations.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development