Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government? Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a full time Communications Systems Manager.
This position will:
- Provide management oversight for the installation, maintenance and operations of the public safety radio system, phone system, mobile phones, e-mail and broadband
- Lead, manage and motivate the communications systems team to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Proactively work with DIT and County Departments to implement practices that meet agreed-on policies and standards for communication systems
- Lead communications technology system design, evaluation, implementation, operations and assist in strategic planning efforts for communications systems
- Manage, direct, and provide oversight over all customer support services provided by the team
- Administer and manage contracts with vendors to ensure performance and services comply with terms and provisions
- Develop project plans for production of deliverables and assure accountability for timelines of communications related projects
- Contribute to the budget process by providing recommendations to the Division Manager about operations and equipment needs and issues
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in computer science or related field and six years of directly related work experience. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Sound knowledge and management experience with communications technologies including public safety radio systems, phone systems, mobile phones, e-mail and broadband
- Four or more years of direct experience in a decision making IT management role including supervision of employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate information technology concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various hierarchical levels, ranging from board members to technical specialists
- Experience with and/or knowledge of cloud principles and mechanisms
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo an extensive background/credit check, fingerprinting and DMV check.