The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is seeking qualified applicants as full-time (37.5 hours per week) Clinicians to join a team of professionals who provide dynamic, integrated and effective care to persons impacted by substance use and mental health disorders.
Individuals seeking these services are frequently referred by and involved with other community agencies, including Juvenile Court Services, Department of Family Services, the Public Schools, Adult Probation, ASAP, and the Department of Community Corrections.
Work locations for this position may include on-site (Mental Health centers) and off-site locations such as the Youth Shelter and the Public Schools.
- Assessment and evaluation, individual, group, and family therapy
- Case management, including medication case management
- Crisis intervention and stabilization, interagency consultation and coordination of treatment services
- Assessment and referral for individuals in need of detoxification and/or residential treatment services, and will provide monitoring and coordination of services with treatment vendors as appropriate
Clinicians must maintain all clinical records and documentation according to federal state and agency policies and procedures and assure compliance with state standards.
The Department places a high priority on professional training and supervision, and selected candidates will be supported in efforts to learn and utilize effective, evidence based interventions. Selected candidates will be provided opportunities and supervision resources to obtain and maintain professional licensure. Selected candidates will also receive training and supervision for certification from Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) as a Certified Preadmission Prescreening Clinician.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the provision of Substance Abuse and Mental Health treatment services
- Must be VA clinical license eligible
- Must be knowledgeable in both substance abuse and mental health issues
- Must demonstrate strong clinical skills in providing individual, group and family therapy
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to function as a member of a clinical team
- Work schedule is 37.5 hours per week and will include evening hours two nights per week
- Formal training in treatment of substance abuse and mental health issues preferred
- VA clinical licensure as LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LCP
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) and multilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Must obtain and maintain clinical licensure
- Must obtain and maintain certification as a Certified Preadmission Prescreening Clinician
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, credit check, driving record check and TB test
- Must have a valid driver’s license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development