Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership within the Loudoun community.
Be a collaborative member of a team while working one-on-one with people with ID/DD diagnoses. This position is great for staff whose strengths are being creative and working independently.
The Direct Support Specialist for the In-Home Support Program:
- Provides skill-building and supports to individuals with ID/DD diagnoses. Services are delivered in the individual’s home and in the community. County vehicles are provided for community activities.
- Provides input for assessing individuals’ needs and developing service plans; and is responsible for the implementation of plans, documentation, and data collection, and works with the family and other team members to ensure the health, safety, and overall well-being of the individual served.
Work schedule can require day, evening, or weekend hours.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, or other Human Services field
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience, preferred experience in ID/DD
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, and Therapeutic Options within 3 month of hire
- Must have a driving record with fewer than 6 points and be able to operate wheelchair accessible vans
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check, driving record check, TB test, credit check, successful completion of DBHDS case management modules, and successful completion of Department orientation and training requirements.