Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking qualified applicants to join our team. The positon of a temporary, on-call Residential Support Specialist works within Residential Services providing meaningful support and services to people in the Group Home system, Supervised Living program, and In-Home Support program.
- Provides community based residential services to adults with serious mental illness, co-occurring substance abuse, intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Typical job duties associated with this position include, but are not limited to; assistance and skill building for Activities of Daily Living including personal hygiene, medication management, general supervision, and behavior management.
- Provides input for assessing individuals’ needs and developing service plans and is responsible for the implementation of plans, documentation and data collection.
- Works to ensure the health, safety, and the overall well-being of the individuals served. Work schedule requires evening, overnight, weekend, and some day hours.
- Any combination of education and experience equal to a Bachelor's degree in Special Education, Psychology, or other Human Services field.
- Successful candidates will be orientated to and have knowledge of person-centered recovery.
- This position is classified as Essential Personnel and successful candidates will be able to fulfill this requirement including working holidays and during inclement weather, as scheduled.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a residential program with Mental Health and ID/DD is preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds 3 times per hour, have a clean driving record and be able to become certified in CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, and Therapeutic Options within 3 months of hire.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background, driving record check, credit check and TB test.
- Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Why work at MHSADS? We employ a dynamic and diverse group of professionals who share a special passion for making a real difference in the lives of the individuals we serve. Education and career development are highly supported. We work hard to support each other in a team atmosphere.