Parks, Recreation and Community Services is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services, Area Agency on Aging, is currently seeking qualified applicants for Passenger Vehicle Operator Substitutes. This position will operate a passenger vehicle to provide transportation for adults 55+ to programs, activities and trips.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving a passenger vehicle for transportation of adults 55+, operating a wheelchair lift and assisting individuals with disabilities
- Maintaining a safe and clean vehicle
- Complete and maintain daily logs, reports, and other required program records and statistics. This includes using automated systems and software.
- Assist with center activities and programs, including set up, clean up, serving lunch and other duties that are essential to center operations
- Requires excellent customer service through communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse population while maintaining participant confidentiality at all times
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school
- Commercial Driver's license (CDL) Class C with passenger endorsement is required
- CPR and First Aid Certification required
- Six (6) months experience operating a bus, school bus, or other passenger vehicle
- Six (6) months experience dealing with the general public, including working with seniors or other special population groups, is preferred
- Prefer CDL license at time of hire, however assistance may be provided to successful candidate to obtain appropriate CDL license within 4 months of hire
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, credit and DMV record checks
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required
- CPR and First Aid Certification required and must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- CDL license within 4 months of hire
- The incumbent of this position must comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program as outlined by Loudoun County's Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees