The Loudoun County Department of Information Technology (DIT) is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual for a Team Lead position in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. This is a hands-on team leader position that supervises a combination of staff and contractor programmer/analysts. Working with vendors and functional leaders, this position will be the technical team lead for the design, implementation, operations and maintenance of the County’s ECM (Electronic Content Management) environment. The team lead will also manage staff associated with implementing ECM for the County.
Qualified candidates should demonstrate the following skills in management, leadership and technology.
- Deep technical experience in the domain of ECM, application development and system implementation
- Experience designing technical solutions and offering technical guidance for a team implementing ECM solutions
- Excellent customer engagement skills, to lead discussions to understanding business challenges and architect technical solutions
- Hands-on programming skills to be able to review the work delivered by the team
- Strong project management skills
- Strong ability to estimate the team’s operating budget and to manage expenditures
- Staff supervisory experience, either through direct reporting or leading a project team
- Managing enterprise systems to include those using cloud, hosted, web-based, and client-server technologies
- Collaborating with staff and leadership at various levels to establish a content management vision, governance methodology, and create a culture that manages content as an enterprise asset
- Verbal skills, specifically the ability to communicate with management and elected officials, and the ability to create and maintain enduring customer relationships
Technical and Analytical Skills
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint
- ECM tools, specifically Laserfiche
- Working knowledge of MS Project, MS Visio and MS Office
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing Laserfiche environments, including creation, maintenance and consolidation
- Managing Laserfiche based applications, MS SharePoint based applications (web sites, collaboration environments and guidance to administrators)
- Managing a technical team implementing solutions using LaserFiche, MS Share Point and associated SQL Server databases
- Estimating, controlling and administering the ECM team’s budget and expenditures
- Managing vendors providing ECM solutions
- Assisting supervisor in developing the enterprise’s ECM strategy
- Being available for non-business hour work activities as needed, for example, new system implementations, system incident management, upgrades, etc.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field and 4 years professional experience leading technology and managing staff in the management of information systems related activities and functions.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
A criminal background and credit check will be conducted on the successful candidate.