The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to join the Clinical-Medical Team.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP):
- Provides extraordinary care by evaluating and treating individuals, who present with various mental health, substance abuse and developmental disorders, and providing consultation to psychiatrists and community primary care physicians.
- Evaluates and assesses patients, provides a plan of care, prescribes medication for patients with mental health conditions, and serve as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team to include nurses, care coordinators, clinicians, and other service providers as needed.
- Documents in the Electronic Health Record, achieving measures for Meaningful Use, CPT documentation elements, and promoting integrated primary and behavioral healthcare.
The primary work locations include the Leesburg and Eastern Loudoun office sites. Proposed work schedule includes 2 evenings per week until 8:00pm and availability after business hours for case specific consultation.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Nursing; and
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience; and
- PMHNP certification; and
- Current active/valid state clinical license.
- Eligible for state Controlled Substance License II through V.
- Eligible for Federal DEA Certificate II through V.
- Physical requirements: hearing/listening, manual dexterity, lifting, pulling/pushing, seeing, speaking.
- Previous experience working as a Psychiatric APRN; and
- Applicable certification from a recognized certifying organization such as American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners preferred
- Bilingual highly desirable.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background check, TB test, driving record check and a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development