Application Instructions for Compliance Investigator
Submitting an employment application is not simply a matter of providing information. It is your opportunity to begin demonstrating how you are the best person for the job and can contribute to the success of the Los Angeles Community College District and our students.
An application screening is the first part of our employment examination process. The information you provide in the application process will determine your eligibility to participate in further parts of the selection process. It is essential to maintain consistency between applications.
- A complete application consists of the application form itself and the submission of all supporting documentation relating to the application.
- Read the job announcement carefully. Applicants are required to meet minimum qualifications on the opening date of the application filing period.
- Recruitments have a strict application deadline date or application limit — Apply early.
- Recruitments that have been extended beyond the initial recruitment period may close at any time without notice.
- Clearly, accurately, completely, and truthfully describe your qualifications in detail remembering to emphasize those that will illustrate that you meet the minimum qualifications and have the skills described in the job description.
- Use positive, specific, declarative words and phrases to describe your job duties and skills rather than vague terms and descriptions.
- When using a prior application to populate a new application, remember to review and update your application and contact information.
- Check for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, inconsistencies, and omissions before submitting the final version of your application.
- If a question is not applicable, write N/A instead of leaving empty boxes.
- Your applications will be retained in the My Applications section of this system and can be printed out for your records.
- All information provided on an application is subject to verification.
Applicant Information and Responsibilities
- To begin the application process, new users will create a user account.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. The email will be sent to the email address you have provided. It will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive this email within one day of submitting an application, please contact our office at (213) 891-2129 so that receipt of your application can be verified.
- Upon employment, you will be responsible for providing proof of your eligibility to work legally in the United States. The Los Angeles Community College District does not sponsor employees on H1B Visas. A list of acceptable documents that establish both identity and employment eligibility can be found on The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website. Certain positions may additionally require the employee to hold a specific residency status.
Your application is submitted using Secure Encryption to ensure the privacy of all
information you transmit over the internet.