|Date Opened||12/6/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/21/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15-$17/Hour To Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience in the field of construction or a related field and
Successful completion of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 within one (1) year of hire and
Possession of a valid Florida Driver License or the ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Independently plan, organize, and prepare daily work activities.
- Review assigned work using digital imagery, printed property record cards, permits, maps, and the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal System (CAMA).
- Conduct on-site and follow-up inspections to locate, list, and value real estate property as described by property owners or contained in blue prints, building permits, and/or aerial photos.
- Collect and update data related to real estate property location, size, and use.
- Records information for real estate property valuation on prescribed forms and compiles and reviews various reports.
- Responds to real estate property assessment inquiries from staff and the general public.
- Performs minor safety and operational checks of assigned vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Basic knowledge of state and county laws, ordinances and regulations governing real estate review and evaluation.
- Basic knowledge of real estate property appraisal and construction principles, practices, methods and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- General knowledge of construction materials.
- Amended 10/1/2019: Regular Employee Position
- Ability to locate, identify, and accurately measure the exterior of dimensions and when necessary, make a thorough inspection of the interior of assigned properties.
- Ability to accurately enter data collected into appraisal, computer-database application.
- Ability to pursue additional education to receive the Certified Florida Evaluator (CFE) designation.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, blueprints, plats and aerial photos.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and record structural features, construction methods and quality, and/or zoning, size, and use.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in sub-tropical climates under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.