Facility Specialist-Facilities (Pro Painter)
|Date Opened||5/14/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/7/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,120.00 - $47,840.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Three years of experience as a professional painter which included refinishing and restoration experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of all operational rules, procedures and programs of the Operations Department
- Knowledge of facility construction, maintenance and repairs
- Knowledge of horticulture maintenance, grounds, fertilizers, herbicides and pesticide application techniques including safety requirements
- Knowledge of building maintenance, building structure, systems and services such as plumbing, carpentry and painting
- Knowledge of systems and services such as HVAC, electrical, elevators, overhead doors, paint and chemical mixing, and Life Safety, and the operation and maintenance of same
- Knowledge of general computer operation
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; and adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice
- Ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner
- Ability to maintain a professional public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing services for tenants and the public in and around the facilities
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outside in a sub-tropical climate
- Ability to operate hand tools, electrical, mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts and tractors
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing, irrigation, caulking, painting, brick and cement, HVAC, custodial services, equipment maintenance, event support services, and carpentry work in and around Raymond James Stadium.
- Assists in directing the work of Assistant Facility Specialists, Lead Stadium Assistants and Stadium Assistants during assigned tasks.
- Performs landscaping duties including planting, fertilizing, trimming, and mowing in and around the facility.
- Provides event support and custodial services as directed.
- Inspects facilities and grounds and collects, loads and hauls trash and debris.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds and equipment and shares findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency, review and recommend equipment needs, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients.
- Assists in the departmental participation in the creation and use of the automated preventive maintenance program/database.
- Participates in meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business.
- Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers; Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities and grounds for events; Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings or maintenance held off site.
- Under supervision, coordinates work with operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, HVAC, carpentry, irrigation, turf, painting, environmental agencies, pest and weed control, equipment rental, construction services and other misc. trades who frequently service the facility and events.
- Creates and codes requisitions as directed.
- Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process. Applicants currently serving in active duty are not eligible for veterans' preference. A veteran is defined as a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and was discharged or released under honorable conditions (or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions). However, current members of any reserve component of the United States Armed Forces or the Florida National Guard are eligible.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation (click here for further information on documentation requirements) that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation should be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.