Project Manager (Acquisition & Disposition)
|Date Opened||1/9/2020 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,385.60 - $93,392.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Candidates with a minimum of two years in a public sector/eminent domain capacity and at least two years of supervisory experience will be strongly considered for the position.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Schedule, assign and review subordinate work. Manage project time lines and deliverables in support of County's Capital Improvement and Non-Capital Improvement projects and development related projects.
- Provide subordinate training and counseling; evaluate performance and initiate corrective/disciplinary action as needed.
- Provide regular communication to management and support staff regarding the status of assigned projects.
- Ensure all acquisitions by subordinate staff are conducted in conformance with established standards.
- Provide material and logistical support to the County Attorney's Office as needed.
- Assist management with complex real estate transactions, research and preparation of required reports for special projects.
- Conduct negotiations for voluntary and involuntary real property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assists with surplus property dispositions, eminent domain proceedings, project plans review and project acquisition cost estimating.
- Coordinates transactions and related matters with developers, attorneys, title companies, and other governmental agencies.
- Oversees and manages professional and technical staff engaged in activities supporting the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Oversees closings for real property.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate transactions, legal instruments, legal descriptions, surveys, eminent domain acquisition and surplus process in accordance with Florida Statutes.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures governing the conveyance of and disposition of real property.
- Knowledge of the most effective and efficient processes to successfully complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to compose BOCC agenda items.
- Ability to use initiative, exercise sound judgment and think independently. Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to provide leadership direction. Effectively uses acceptable principles and practices of performance management and motivation for direct reports at the professional staff level.
- Skill in managing complex government real estate negotiations and transactions; the ability to multi-task projects/transactions/client needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with others within and external to own organization.
- Ability to use a computer and job-related software.