Customer Service Manager (Development Services)
|Date Opened||1/14/2020 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,596.80 - $90,563.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
• Graduation from an accredited four-year degree granting college or university (Preferred Business Administration, Public Administration; Marketing, Public Relations, Architecture, Engineering or Planning) AND
• Four years of experience directly related to customer service duties, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity;
• Experience in developing and implementing successful strategies to deliver stellar customer service.
• Experience in the land development and building permitting process (preferred)
• Experienced on Accela permitting software (preferred)
• Exceptional leadership and customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience interacting with clients and multiple departments
• Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
• Ability to communicate in fluently in English and Spanish (preferred)
• Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced dynamic work environment
• Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Licenses and Certifications
• Certified Permit Tech or ability to obtain within a year of employment.
- Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; AND
- Four years of experience directly related to the position duties, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity;
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Manage all customer interactions at The Center for Development Services providing problem resolution and assistance to customers. Maintain an environment where customers feel they are heard, appreciated, and cared for.
- Prepare, implement and constantly evaluate the Customer Service Plan for the Development Services Department, establishing services goals with all service units in the department.
- Improve customer service experience by studying, evaluating, and helping to re-design processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; and assisting with implementing changes.
- Provide for hiring, coaching and training of all customer service staff to focus on the department's goal to continue to provide stellar customer service;
- Manage the flow and interactions of customers within The Center of Development Services, over the phone, and online permitting portal utilizing a real-time software monitoring/tracking system;
- Coordinate with the department's divisions/sections, County departments, and external agencies to ensure efficient flow of communications and services; and holding monthly coordination meetings with all service units
- Manage & resolve escalated citizen and client complaints through the AR/CRM systems.
- Monitor and address online reviews regarding the service experience in the department.
- Ensures compliance with County requirements, regulation, policies and procedures;
- Oversee the Development Services Call Center
- Coordinate all marketing materials for the Development Services Department with the Content Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of management.
- Knowledge of the functions, services, activities, requirements and objectives of the specific program/functional area to which assigned.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations pertaining to assigned functional area.
- Skill in applying existing guidelines and in creating new approaches to develop and modify work plans, methods and procedures for the work unit or function.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, management and local stakeholder groups to accomplish department's mission.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in order to present information and prepare a variety of reports.
- Ability to identify relationships that explain facts, data or other information, and make correct inferences or draw accurate conclusions.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.