Contracts Manager (IT Contracts Administrator)
|Date Opened||1/13/2020 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,235.20 - $77,188.80/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Experience administering information technology contracts in a public sector (federal, state or local government) organization.
Experience administering contracts and contractual agreements.
Experience managing procurement initiatives, including writing of technical bid specifications.
Experience using Procurement and Contract Management platforms, such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and/or Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) systems.
Experience using Office Systems such as Microsoft Office or Google Docs.
Certification in public sector purchasing (Preferrerd)
Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
Demonstrates considerable tact, discretion and persuasion. Ability to negotiate with others.
Requires outstanding verbal & written communication skills.
Ability to coordinate the activities of people/groups, build trust across the organization, and be experienced working with management and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree; AND
- Two years of experience in the preparation or monitoring of contracts;
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Work is performed in usual office conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Develops, writes, and maintains contracts for services and/or goods.
- Presides at bid award conferences and assures that applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- Analyzes contracts for cost effectiveness and provides reviews or develops change orders, supplemental or modification agreements, and addendums as appropriate.
- Writes technical specifications/scopes of work and determines vendor requirements.
- Provides end user and vendor training for new contracts.
- Coordinates with applicable agencies for technical assistance on projects as required.
- Prepare contractual documents for BOCC approval, including preparation of agenda items.
- Researching best practices in applying various methods to contractual negotiations.
- Maintains records of contracts affecting agencies under their purview.
- Knowledge of County, State and Federal laws, guidelines and requirements governing contract structure, procedure and content.
- Knowledge of federal equal employment opportunity requirements as applicable to contracting.
- Knowledge of formats and styles used in legal documents.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret legal documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.