SCADA Control & Network Systems Engineer
|Date Opened||12/12/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Information or Computer Technology Field such as MIS, CIS, or other appropriate technical/engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in preparing and maintaining local and wide area networks associated with SCADA and industrial process control systems.
- Possess skills to administer security policies associated with the network through the use of firewalls, policy and rule initiation as well as authentication software and utilizes expertise with communication protocols such as DNP3, ICCP, TCP/IP and Cisco to ensure reliable connectivity.
- Must have a solid understanding of network procedures and architecture and able to develop architectural drawings.
A degree in Computer Science or other directly related field is required; A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
An Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an Information or Computer Technology.
Minimum 5 years progressive experience in maintaining local and wide area networks associated with control systems.
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Requires good hearing, good near and distant vision, and the ability to distinguish colors and shades of color.
- Requires depth perception, to judge distances.
- Frequently sits at a desk or table.
- Occasional standing, stooping, walking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and designs communications hardware and software solutions to meet complex requirements between equipment provided with various communication technologies. Develops architectural and engineering solutions for network management and growth.
• Performs or directs database administration of relational database management systems (including planning, modeling, installing, upgrading, implementing, testing, tuning, and maintaining) in a multi-tiered client/server environment.
• Performs highly complex technical scripting and programming to enhance or provide an engineered solution for both anticipate or un-anticipated network problems. Develops and administers project budgets.
• Responsible for conceptualization, design, development, support and maintenance of SCADA systems/HMI (Human Machine Interface).
• Defines, modifies, and maintains the database structure through both Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML).
• Responsible for database troubleshooting and management which includes configuration, resource monitoring and reporting, and the development of specialized programs. Develops impact studies and alternative analysis for system changes; analyzes performance indicators.
• Establishes and ensures implementation of standards for hardware and software. Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested changes to operating system are possible.
• Highly Complex: Independent judgment is required to evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions.
• Requires good oral and written skills to establish good working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Develops a plan that will address all aspects of the system to include technology, communication, security, staffing, organization standards.
• Will be the subject matter expert regarding SCADA network business decisions, providing technical advisement and recommendations to management, projects.
• Will oversee and train lower level employees and manage multiple projects at one time. Define specific, short-term and long-term projects.
• Must have the ability to analyze highly critical and complicated ARP tables and data captures, interpret results and provide an effective resolution.
• Requires the ability to simultaneously prioritize multiple highly sophisticated projects involving various work groups and pieces of the network.
• Able to analyze network problems down to a specific device level and have a firm understanding of appliance rule application and device configuration.
• Develops impact studies and alternative analysis for system changes, analyze performance indicators in process and systems operation.
• Ensures performance and capacity needs to manage future network growth through capacity planning.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.