Director of Finance
|Date Opened||12/23/2019 10:38:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) is a transportation agency of the State and owns, operates, and maintains the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway, Brandon Parkway, Meridian Avenue and the Selmon Greenway. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, and financially-sustainable transportation services to the Tampa Bay region.
THEA is an enterprise agency where service to our customers and community is valued. THEA reinvests 100% of our toll revenues back into our community, providing our region with needed transportation choices.
The Tampa Bay region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa Bay offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
THEA is looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to stellar customer service; emphasis on safety and service in our roadway operations and to our customers and community and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability.
Please attach resume with application.
Bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting, public administration, business administration or related field;
Ten years of progressively responsible professional/managerial experience in accounting, governmental finance and budget preparation.
Master’s degree or any equivalent combination of related training and experience highly desirable. Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) is preferred, but not required. Successful completion of a criminal history background investigation is requirement prior to employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the staff of the Accounting, Budget and Financial Services offices.
- Plans, manages and supervises accounting functions and activities including disbursements, budget development and analysis, revenue accounting, and preparation of statistical and/or fiscal reports; manages related functions such as payroll, purchasing and inventory control.
- Coordinates with Director of Toll Operations to develop a budget for toll collection and operations; prepares a monthly traffic and revenue report; analyzes accounts receivable and calculates allowance for doubtful accounts; and prepares a cash flow analysis.
- Oversees the maintenance of the accounting system and the annual preparation of the financial statements.
- Develops and maintains a system of internal controls including the development and maintenance of written procedures.
- Determines the availability of funds prior to the execution of contracts and purchase agreements.
- Develops annual and long-term cash forecasts for the various funds and accounts of the Authority.
- Manages Authority investments according to the Authority’s investment policy. Ensures the funds are invested in compliance with bond covenants and arbitrage requirements.
- Works with the CEO, Directors and General Counsel to prepare and recommend the plan of finance for the Authority’s Six-Year Work Program and long-range planning, including determining reasonable assumptions recommending financial goals and parameters.
- Obtains financing for the Authority’s capital program and direct repayment of debt in accordance with financing terms, Board policy, governmental regulations, and industry best practices. Provide advice on meeting capital needs through the use of various financing tools.
- Directs the activities of the Authority’s finance consultants including financial advisors, underwriters and accounting and auditing; plan, organize, direct and coordinate all financial functions including accounting, management market communications with bondholders, rating agencies and letter of credit banks; maintain relationships with the Authority’s banks and investment community; coordinate future bond financing; develop and implement debt management policies.
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of the Expressway Authority.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*