Program Assistant Part-Time (20 Applicant Max)
|Date Opened||1/7/2020 10:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2020 1:51:00 PM|
|Salary||$20,800.00 - $37,000/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A bachelor’s degree and professional experience are highly desirable.
- Is experienced working with youth, ages 8-18
- Is familiar with 4-H or other positive youth development program.
- Has a flexible schedule and is willing to work the occasional night/weekend
- Has reliable transportation
- Successfully passes a background screening
- Is an effective written and verbal communicator
- Feels comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups
- Is able to establish solid partnerships and find innovative ways to attract new audiences
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is desirable.
Two (2) years of college education completed with coursework focused in education, science, or related field.
Two (2) years working with youth ages 8 - 18.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must successfully pass background screening.
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
Use of a reliable automobile.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in in-service education for the purpose of acquainting employee with the County 4-H Program and to give instruction in the subject matter area of home water conservation and 4-H Program responsibilities.
- Prepare educational resources for youth in program.
- Assists in the recruitment of sites and enrollment of youth in summer day camps and after school programs, community fairs, etc.
- Teach youth ages 8 - 18 home water conservation. Use a variety of teaching techniques (videos, interactive posters, games, experiments, workbooks, creative dramatics, slide shows, etc.).
- Responsible for set-up and clean-up daily.
- Must be on time for programs with children.
- Accept and promote the Affirmative Action Plan of Hillsborough County and the Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
- Complete reports and pre/post tests as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to take and give directions.
- Ability to work with and supervise your ages 8 - 18 years of age.
- Ability to teach children in an informal setting.
- Must be willing to work with youth and adults regardless of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations.
- Willingness to work irregular hours to meet requirements of workload. After school hours and occasional weekends are required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*