Court Support Specialist II (After Court Entry)
|Date Opened||12/3/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,760.00 - $52,416.00/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
*Please note: this opportunity is open only for current, tenured Clerk of Court & Comptroller employees!*
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Two (2) years of clerical experience, one (1) of which included the processing, examining, preparing or reviewing of any type of legal document.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of English grammar and spelling, and arithmetic.
• Knowledge of policies, procedures, and rules of the assigned department function or operation.
• Knowledge of processing administrative and secretarial procedures, such as files and records maintenance, transcription, and other related procedures.
• Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures; knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the unit or department to which assigned, and the ability to perform related specialized tasks.
• Skill in the use of local networks, databases and internet search engines.
• Skill in communication and effective writing.
• Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
• Ability to type, operate data processing, word processing and other office equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with government officials, other employees, and the public.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to use a computer terminal to quickly and accurately enter data.
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to instruct new employees.
• Ability to transcribe documents and information from different sources.
• Ability to handle restricted, sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to serve the public and represent the County with courtesy and professionalism.
• Ability to effectively lead or supervise lower-level administrative/clerical and administrative/secretarial staff.
• Provides efficient customer service via phone calls and e-mails to 13th Judicial judges and their assistants, Courtroom clerks, State Attorney’s Office, Public Defender’s office, HCSO, Department of Corrections, Prison Reception Centers, private attorneys, and the public.
• Accesses various computer systems: Odyssey Case Management System, Microsoft, MECOM Data Base, and/or HCSO arrest record system to input and retrieve record information.
• Performs after court processing for all criminal court areas, i.e., Felony, Misdemeanor, Traffic, and Juvenile. Functions for after court include but not limited to: entering court minutes, case pleas, dispositions, case sentencing, enter financials (court cost, fines, fees), transfers out, VOP warrants/DOC, and scheduling cases for various hearing types in any of the criminal court areas.
• Processes, prepares, and distributes notice of hearings on various criminal court case types.
• Scans necessary documents to the appropriate case within the Odyssey Case Management System.
• Retrieves electronic images, copying, certifying orders and various documents from the court record.
• Processes documents within the After Court Processing Odyssey Queues with accuracy and speed.
• Processes revocations, modification, suspensions, and terminations of probation orders for Department of Corrections.
• Prepares and electronically submits Judgment and Sentences from daily court dockets.
• Performs specialized after court processing for Florida State Prison (FSP) and other Felony criminal court cases.
• Prepares Commitment Packets to send to Department of Corrections for FSP defendants.
• Performs extensive research in Felony cases to ensure all previous orders, Judgments, guidelines, counts, and/or charges are correct.
• Tracks daily status of FSP cases that they individually process to ensure the workflow process.
• Compiles weekly Commitment list with HCSO regarding the status of cases sentenced to FSP.
• Performs Juvenile Transfers per current office standards.
• Receives and processes mail correspondence and provides a written response, when necessary.
• Creates and updates internal ACE procedures for assigned duties or related duties.
• Attends office meetings to discuss and receive updates on policies, procedures, or general office information that impact the After Court Processing Department or the Clerk’s Office.
• Copies and certifies orders and various documents from the court file.
• Performs other related duties as required that may include adding case events, scanning, quality control or other areas of the office as needed.
• Keeps files and documents secure and confidential at all times from the general public or unauthorized personnel regarding Juvenile cases.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.