Cook Tier 1 (Part Time)
|Date Opened||12/20/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,476.80 - $41,225.60/year|
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; AND
- One year of experience preparing food from scratch in a high volume food service facility; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
- Possession of a food safety certification within 30 days of employment.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work under high temperature conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. Requires to carry and lift up to 40 pounds of food supplies and equipment.
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives.
- The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Prepares and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner at a residential treatment dining facility in accordance with standard operating procedures and USDA guidelines.
- Sets up dining area in a family dining style to promote good dining manners and associated social skills.
- Prepares various food dishes, such as meats, fish, poultry, salads, vegetables, gravies, sauces, casseroles, soufflés; and various baked items such as cakes, pies, breads and cookies using standard cooking utensils and equipment, following health and safety guidelines.
- Clears and cleans dining room and cooking areas using proper sanitation methods.
- Prepares special diet foods for the clients residing on campus and meals for special functions or activities as directed by supervisor.
- Conducts food and equipment inventories, records and advises supervisor of findings.
- Checks the quantity and quality of received products.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the residential dining facility to which assigned.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in large scale food preparation.
- Knowledge of state and local health and safety regulations and standards.
- Skill in the use of food preparation utensils and equipment.
- Skill in preparing appealing, nutritional food.
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*