Senior Accounting Technician
|Date Opened||11/27/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,811.20 - $63,710.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
*Please note: this opportunity is open only for current, tenured Clerk of Court & Comptroller employees!*
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Two (2) or more years of professional accounting experience (governmental accounting is a plus)
• One (1) year bank reconciliation experience
• Experience with Oracle and OnBase
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel
• Flexibility and the ability to multi-task at all times
• A calm and patient demeanor
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of basic accounts receivable and accounts payable business practices and procedures, accounting systems, expenditure or revenue source documents, as well as general ledger and related accounting procedures.
• Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing assigned functional accounting area.
• Knowledge of computer operations using accounting and spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to use ERP accounting systems, spreadsheet applications, accounting software, word processing, spreadsheet, and related software applications.
• Ability to analyze transactions and reports and make appropriate correcting entries.
• Ability to post, balance, and reconcile financial accounts and records.
• Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job related rules, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to prepare financial and statistical reports.
• Ability to plan, schedule, assign, monitor, train, review and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
• Ability to prepare accounting, financial, and statistical reports.
• Ability to compile, analyze and/or audit accounting, budgetary, fiscal, payroll and leave data.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Analyzes and verifies daily edit reports, and researches and resolves problems.
• Answers inquiries on the status of financial transactions and/or procedures.
• Audits and analyzes revenue, expenditure, cash or receivables transactions to determine if they are accurate, properly documented, and made in accordance with statutes, policies and procedures.
• Compiles data for preparation of operating budgets.
• Complies accounting data and prepares financial statements and reports, such as the annual abandoned property report.
• Informs outside departments and agencies of discrepancies in their payment requests, journal entries, or other submissions and works collaboratively with them to resolve these problems.
• Maintains, monitors, and/or reconciles general ledger and subledger control accounts, and bank accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
• May schedule, assign, monitor, review, train, evaluate, and coordinate the work of assigned staff.
• Posts transactions to proper accounts.
• Prepares accounting and fiscal reports, statements, payment requests, invoices, and summaries.
• Prepares and maintains procedures.
• Reconciles bank statements to daily cashiering activity.
• Reconciles and balances financial statements and accounting records.
• Reviews, prepares, and processes journal entry transactions in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Serves as back-up to co-workers and may serve as back-up for higher-level employees.
• Solves, or assists staff in solving, problems and/or difficult inquires.
• Supports and provides training to department and agency staff on accounting processes and in the use of systems such as Oracle, Odyssey and OnBase, and assists in developing, testing, and debugging systems.
• Verifies validated wire transfer slips to journal entries.
Performs other duties as needed, including those performed by subordinate fiscal, financial, and/or clerical staff.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.