Program Coordinator (Housing)
|Date Opened||11/25/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,867.20 - $70,179.20/year|
|Department||Affordable Housing Office|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
• Graduation from an accredited four year college or university;
• Two years of experience directly related to the assigned program;
• An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
• This position is primarily sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Plans, develops, implements and/or modifies program procedures, guidelines and policies to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Conducts needs assessment data analysis to facilitate developing grant applications to obtain funding for assigned projects.
- Evaluates program results and determines changes that need to be made in program policies and procedures based on feedback from customers, service providers, and/or community groups.
- Conducts comprehensive needs assessments by auditing and evaluating program progress to determine if the program is achieving its objectives.
- Analyzes program data, identifies actual and potential problem areas, trends and related factors that impact the program, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings including solutions and recommendations.
- Ensures program operates in compliance with departmental goals and objectives, pertinent laws, rules, and regulations, monitors federal, state, and/or regional regulatory changes to determine when program rules and regulations need to be revised, and advises service providers, community groups, and clients on changes needed to comply with program criteria.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the programs, services, policies, procedures and regulations of the department to which assigned.
- Knowledge of the specific functions, activities, and services provided by the assigned programs and projects.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing assigned programs and projects.
- Knowledge of organizational and methods and procedures relating to the effective coordination and administration of assigned programs.
- Knowledge of budget management practices and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the work of assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to organize programs, projects and special events.
- Ability to monitor, oversee and provide guidance to volunteers, assigned staff, clients and customers.
- Ability to maintain files and records and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Ability to organize and to multi-task.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.