Lead Stadium Assistant-Gen Maint
|Date Opened||11/22/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$9.82 - $15.71 /hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
The Lead Stadium Assistant will assist in maintaining the overall appearance and integrity of the facility, grounds and landscaping to provide a superior experience to the tenants and guests of Raymond James Stadium.
In addition, the Lead Stadium Assistant shall follow the Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service and a safe work environment.
Completion of ninth grade; and Possession of a valid driver’s license
One-year experience performing general facility and grounds maintenance duties for stadium sports and events preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists electricians, plumbers, masons, landscapers, maintenance, HVAC, and equipment mechanics in operating and repairing gas/electric equipment.
- Assists in directing the work of the Stadium Assistants during assigned tasks.
- Perform landscaping duties including planting, spraying/weed landscaping beds, trimming, and mowing in and around the Raymond James Stadium.
- Polices facilities and grounds and collects, loads and hauls trash and debris, sweeping floors and cleans sidewalks.
Reports damages to facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Paints, caulks and spackles
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- The Lead Stadium Assistant shall be knowledgeable in all operational rules, procedures and programs of the Operations Department
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs and work in non-conditioned environment.
- Ability to operate hand tools, electrical, mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts, scissor-lifts and tractors.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance including all safety requirements for cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language (preferred).
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*