Lead Accounting Technician
|Date Opened||12/2/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/9/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,403.20 - $55,036.80/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Associates Degree in a Business related field
• Three years of experience working in an accounts payable environment
• Experience working with an automated financial accounting system (preferably Oracle)
• Experience working with a document imaging, workflow, and archiving (preferably OnBase)
Three (3) years of experience in bookkeeping, or financial record-keeping, or accounts payable invoice processing
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Skill in the use of computers and related software.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with emphasis on spelling, grammar, punctuation, clear content, and composition.
• Ability to make and verify mathematical calculations.
• Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job-related policies, procedures, contracts, and invoice supporting documentation.
• Ability to and audit and analyze requests for payment.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job has essential functions such as the following:
• Primarily responsible for processing payment requests for goods and services acquired under agreements approved by the Board of County Commissioners or its delegate. Process various categories of non-procurement contract payments to include real estate, construction, health & social services. Process non-contracted purchase order and direct payment invoices.
• Audit payment requests to verify that the County is billed in accordance with contract. Read and analyze contracts to determine the specific payment terms and performance requirements. Verify encumbered balances to ensure funds area available to make payments.
• Process travel payments and employee travel/mileage reimbursements.
• Perform research using the automated accounting system, the document imaging and workflow system, and various other resources to verify or acquire information necessary to effect payment and to answer department questions.
• Initiate wire transfers.
• As needed, process utility and purchasing card invoices. Use the Clerk’s Utility Payment System (CUPS) to audit utility invoices received via EDI. Use iExpense and OnBase to audit and close out P-card transactions.
• Prepare or review and approved department account correction invoices.
• Perform Accounts Payable Validation—pre audit and approve invoices entered into the automated accounting system by centralized AP or BOCC department personnel, initiating the approval workflow for the invoice. Use the document imaging and workflow system to view supporting documentation prior to approving to workflow.
• Communicate via phone, e-mail, and personal contact with personnel from BOCC departments and independent agencies, as well as suppliers.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.