Fiscal Services Manager
|Date Opened||11/20/2019 09:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,904.00 - $116,625.60/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a related degree, Accounting degree preferred.
At least six years of experience in the area of fiscal/accounting management.
CPA license preferred
NIMS 100, 200, 300 and 700 certification
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, leads and directs activities within the fiscal services section of Fire Rescue. This includes supervision and development of three employees.
- Assists the Fire Chief and Deputy Chiefs with the development and management of the department's budget (approximately $200M), to include preparation, projections, and analysis. Identifies fiscal needs for budget amendments and prepares draft budget resolutions and amendments for approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial and status reports for management, to include customized Business Intelligence (BI) reports, cost recovery reports, rate studies, and statistical information.
- Performs financial analysis. Provides regular reports on all aspects of the department's budget to include budget versus actual revenue / expenditures, budget versus projected revenue / expenditures, environmental scan/trends, revenue management, position control and unforeseen challenges.
- Develops and Reviews plans, performs analysis, and prepares high-level reports. Recommends and plans long-range goals, objectives and organizational structure. Implements short and long-term goals to ensure efficient operations. Monitors the fiscal aspects of all grants, to include set up and having new funds issued, creation of tasks structure, grant projections, reimbursement requests, and reporting.
- Troubleshoots fiscal and systems concerns and determine steps for corrective actions.
- Provides expertise concerning founding sources, contracts and application requirements.
- May be required to work extended hours, or overnight during emergency situations. Manages the reimbursement process for activations and deployments eligible for reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Critical Thinking - Work is highly complex, fast paced, requiring the ability prioritize, multitask, while making clear, reasoned judgments.
- Decision Making - Independent judgment is required to recommend departmental or County objectives, evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess complex situations.
- Communications - Requires regular contact with internal and external persons of importance and influence. Involves considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in obtaining the cooperation of others. Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Strategic Planning - Work with Executive Staff in developing short and long term goals.
- Managerial/Operational Skills - Responsible for supervising multiple functions with full accountability for effective operations and results.
- Leadership- Responsible for making financial recommendations for Fire Rescue.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*