Event Coordinator (Raymond James Stadium)
|Date Opened||11/22/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.05 - $27.28/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
The Event Coordinator will serve as the facility lead contact and oversee the planning and coordination of private events, parking lot events and small stadium events, while also serving in a support role to the Event Manager on major stadium events.
In addition, the Event Coordinator shall assist with the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Guest Services Staff, Security Contractors, Ushers, and Parking Staff, ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
One to two (1-2) years of previous experience in event coordination, accounting, finance, or event management at a public assembly venue.
Must have a thorough knowledge of office equipment and computer systems with a demonstrated ability to use business applications. Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
Valid driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the Guest Service and Parking Departments and provide supervision while scheduling, hiring, organizing, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of the guest service and parking personnel at Raymond James Stadium. Assures the highest quality service to all guests and tenants by enforcing established goals for Parking and Guest Service staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge of budgetary procedures and controls. Assist in verification of proper coding of departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and provide sufficient data for financial preparation and budget planning. Reconciles cash and the daily general ledger submissions events to the finance department. Prepares event billing invoices for proper billing by the finance department. Prepares and maintains revenue and expense reports in event folders.
- Coordinates game day preparations, to include, but not limited to, usher, security and guest service staffing, gate setup, signage placement, barricade placement, credentials, parking passes, wristbands and other event coordination and preparation activities.
- Coordinates events and acts as the manager on duty for stadium events including private events, small stadium events, festivals, parking lot events and other events as assigned.
- Conducts site visits and works closely with clients to establish and execute event needs.
- Uses Event Booking software to coordinate with internal departments, outside organizations, tenants, vendors, other governmental departments, private firms and clients and operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, local, regional and national law enforcement agencies, local fire departments, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Outback Bowl, the University of South Florida, the Gasparilla Bowl, Feld Entertainment, XFL, guest services, security, ushers, 24 hour security, parking, events, traffic planning and other misc. event promoters and service providers who frequently service event operations.
- Conduct regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency, and review and recommend equipment, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients.
- Attend and participate in Authority Operations/Event planning meetings when required. Participate in other weekly meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the grounds for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings or maintenance held off site.
- Write timely, accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases. Reviews Guest Service and Parking Department payrolls, event related contracted services invoices and departmental purchases prior to submission to the Director of Event Services for approval. Follow all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Participate in budget meetings and provide input relating to expenditure projection. Verify proper coding of payroll, event expenses and purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate billing, planning and expenditure projecting.
- Provide leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts. Participate in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers. Conduct and maintain performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel. Counsel subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues. Conduct internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seek out, develop, and assist in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients. Keep abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provide a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Use computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as required. Create and maintain event folders and guest service, usher, security, law enforcement, fire safety and Parking Department filing systems and records to ensure that all department personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained and invoiced to events.
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- The Event Coordinator shall be knowledgeable in all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the Parking and Events Departments
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for the department.
- Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the general public in and around the facilities.
- Knowledge of safety requirements (OSHA, NFPA, ADA) for events or functions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse support services for events or functions.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift over 50 lbs. and work in non-conditioned environment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*