Enterprise Applications Development Manager
|Date Opened||12/2/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$80,184.00 - $128,294.40/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
• An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an Information/Computer Technology field such as MIS, CIS or other appropriate technical/engineering field would be acceptable
• A High School Diploma or possession of a GED Certificate would also be acceptable with an additional four years of work experience defined below.
• Four years of experience managing a team of information technology professionals in a specialized support area such as application development and application support.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages highly skilled information technology professionals engaged in the performance of highly complex technology administration activity functions related to the design, installation, maintenance and support of systems, database storage and data backup systems.
• Manage the section’s technology infrastructure and architecture products, standards, and strategy within the CIIO’s Software Development & Solutions Division. Ensure the growth needs of the County’s enterprise systems, databases, data storage and backup systems are met. Manage the acquisition and timely implementation of business technology solutions.
• Ensure approved section policies, procedures, and staff assignments are followed to maintain performance levels and/or improve operations & support activities.
• Develop and manage the section’s budget, and procurement activities, prepares budget estimates & associated documents, monitors the status of allocated funds, expenditures, and manages support contracts. Directs the acquisition and timely implementation of needed hardware, software, and connectivity infrastructure components. Significantly contributes to section and departmental technology, business and continuity plans.
• Manages highly skilled information technology professionals engaged in the performance of highly complex technology administration activity functions related to the design, installation, maintenance and support of enterprise and departmental applications.
• Develop annual and intermediate work plans, set priorities, and ensure goals, objectives, and projects are completed in accordance with target dates, within budget, in accordance with quality standards, and in accordance with established policies & procedures.
• Interact and/or negotiate with peer management and service providers to build solid business relationships, resolve issues, and make decisions of significant consequence to the department and division.
• Manage the section’s disaster recovery systems, databases, and backup infrastructure to support department’s Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Other duties as assigned
• Hands on experience with enterprise computer systems and databases
• A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking required to solve intricate and complex technology problems. Must be able to develop new and nonstandard approaches.
• Knowledge of project management approaches and tools.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside the organization and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Skills working with individuals from end users to executive management.
• Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to direct and manage multiple resources, deadlines and complex projects to achieve successful outcomes
• Independent judgment is required to recommend departmental or County objectives, evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions.
• Ability to influence others to move towards a common goal.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*