Development Services Facilitator
|Date Opened||1/3/2020 08:01:00 AM|
|Salary||$38,771.20 - $62,025.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate;
One (1) year of experience working in a support role for a company providing technical public service in a business field (i.e. architect/engineering, construction, or similar fields);
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies;
Possession of ICC (International Code Council) Permit Tech Certification, or ability to obtain within one year of hire date.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Answering general questions for processes and services provided by Development Services includes all services associated with permitting and property development, such as planning, zoning, development review, and building permits and inspection services for all of unincorporated Hillsborough County.
- Accepts, reviews and evaluates building permit and development review applications for completeness and correctness.
- Accepts, reviews, updates, and processes contractor licensing applications, including Licensing Board support.
- Reviews plans for completeness and accuracy and check for basic compliance.
- Calculate fees and process payments.
- Verifies parcel ownership and checks for violations and inspection history.
- Processes over-the-counter permits and stand alone applications.
- Conducts preliminary permit application and code research; coordinates and tracks progress of permit applications.
- Determines which agencies must review applications and routes permits to various County agencies and departments to process.
- Provides information to the public concerning the permit process requirements, codes and inspection procedures.
- Assists clients both online and in-person in completing applications for permits.
- Receives and processes citizen construction complaints through code compliance process, including facilitation and supporting notice of violation, proper notice of hearing and other compliance procedures.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the status of permit applications.
- Explains reasons for denial of applications.
- Explains additional requirements and the process for reapplying.
- Issues permits.
- Inputs, accesses and analyzes data using a computer.
- Issues certificates of occupancy/completion.
- Maintains records and performs records research.
- Responds to public inquiries regarding previously submitted information and provides information.
- Knowledge of land development code and Florida Building Code.
- Knowledge of basic land development and construction permit requirements.
- Knowledge of general permit processing and procedures.
- Knowledge of land development and construction terminology.
- Ability to interact with the public in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to follow checklists and recognize different types of requires exhibits and plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.