Development Services Architect/Engineer
|Date Opened||11/20/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,464.00 - $98,342.40/year|
Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer (active status) in the applicable discipline as required by the Florida Statutes Chapter 471
Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Architect (active status) in the State of Florida as required by the Florida Statutes Chapter 481
(An applicant who holds a valid license to practice engineering in another state or territory of the United States, must meet current requirements to be licensed in the State of Florida as a professional engineer, and obtain the license within 6 months of employment.)
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
• Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Independently reviews and approves development services permit applications.
• Inspects building and site construction and the installation of plumbing electrical, or gas systems or mechanical equipment for compliance with state and county codes, laws and ordinances.
• Inspects construction sites for general compliance with zoning, flood, and other site requirements.
• Serves as architectural/engineering technical specialist in the application of advanced concepts, principles and methods in assigned area; remains informed of new techniques, technology, and requirements for the purposes of recommending changes in programs or applications; interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments.
• Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of architecture/engineering as related to the variety of aspects; applies expertise acquired through progressive architectural/engineering experience to resolve crucial issues and unique conditions; remains unformed of new methods and practices, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of projects.
• Interacts with architects, engineers, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others; leads project meetings and makes presentations; represents the County and maintains productive relationships with individuals and related organizations.
• Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
• Manages and facilitates extensive and/or complex projects through the permit and inspection processes.
• Performs other architectural/engineering duties as required.
• Knowledge of large and complex construction project management methods and practices.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and other professional sources of information pertaining to public infrastructure, building and zoning codes, environmental permitting, and real estate.
• Knowledge of field testing, sampling and investigative techniques and procedures.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.