Golf Course Assistant
|Date Opened||9/19/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$16,744.00 - $26,395.20/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
Completion of ninth grade; and
Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and directs customers, answers telephone, makes golf tee time reservations, provides selection and pricing information on merchandise, memberships, care sales, green fees, rentals, food, beverages and alcoholic beverages.
- Promotes tournaments, specials, fundraisers, etc. as it relates to golf course.
- Operates a cash register, makes change, balances register, reports any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to supervisor in a timely manner, prepares bank deposits daily, and reconciles cash drawer upon completion of shift.
- Patrols course, directs players, ensures proper pace of play, enforces course rules and services, counts and documents individual rounds of golf played, and submits findings.
- Takes, prepares, mixes and serves food, beverage and alcoholic beverage orders, in accordance with laws governing age requirements.
- Ensures that food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation and serving areas are clean and neat, by cleaning tables, grills, counters, and utensils in accordance with established food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation regulations.
- Inspects pro shop, carts, cart room, barn, clubhouse, and surrounding areas, to ensure they are properly cleaned, maintained, in proper working order and presentable to the public.
- Opens and secures shop, barn and clubhouse, which includes setting and unarming alarms.
- Conducts regular inspections to identify and resolve any safety, preventative maintenance, repairs, and discrepancies pertaining to course conditions, facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity, obstructions, hazardous conditions, greens, divots, cart sand buckets, sand repair tools, and sand traps.
- Monitors sales activities and inventory replenishment by daily, monthly and quarterly inventory control, inventory replenishment, return of any unsold items, and loads vehicles with pre-determined inventory and adequate change.
- Performs various housekeeping duties in all areas of golf course operations, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing, waxing, dusting, arranging furniture, emptying wastebaskets, removing trash, and cleanliness of golf cart fleet, as needed.
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance of golf carts., which includes checking batteries, cables, posts, terminals, wheel bearings, tire pressure and fixing flat tires.
- May operate range ball picker, range ball cleaner, and range ball dispenser.
- Refills sand buckets on golf carts and ensures proper green repair tools are onboard.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The Golf Course Assistant shall be knowledgeable in the laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays and adjustments of leave, shifts, and breaks, which may be required upon short notice.
- Position requires ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, coworkers, supervisors and subordinates.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a cash register, make change, balance receipts, and conduct credit card transactions.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, fees, scheduling tee times, golf course policies and operational procedures, techniques and golf course security procedures.
- Knowledge of short order food preparation, preparation and serving of beverages and alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of public relations and recreational programs promoting golf.
- Knowledge of proper procedures for food handling, food storage, health standards, sanitation practices and products.
- Knowledge of proper customer service techniques in presenting services to the paying public.
- Considerable ability to use a computer and related software and applications.
- Ability to drive a golf cart and perform minor vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to do minor mathematical calculations.
- Ability to answer phones, give directions, and provide pricing and selection information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.