Event Chef/Cook (75 Applicants Max)
|Date Opened||9/20/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$19,760.00 - $31,616.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Ability to operate commercial food preparation and cleaning equipment.
Two (2) years of previous experience in food and beverage preparation and service.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques for mixing, thawing, baking and cooking, measurement tools, recipe execution and methods for innovative preparation and presentation.
- Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness (“First in, First Out”).
- Preparing, labeling, dating, rotating, and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs and work in non-conditioned environment.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques for kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and use of sanitation systems.
- Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver, stainless steel and dish machines.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assists in menu development and implementation.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.