Senior Citizens Activity Specialist
|Date Opened||6/13/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,142.40 - $43,638.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- Assists the site supervisor in developing, planning, organizing and facilitating wellness and recreational programs related to the nationally recognized 7 dimensions of wellness for active older adults.
- Assists the supervisor to ensure the regulatory compliance of the nutrition program, and completes required daily forms and grant required documents accurately.
- Accurately records center members' attendance, participation in programs, and other related data in computer database. Assists with planning small to larger special social events at the center and department wide.
- Conducts and supervises indoor and outdoor wellness programs.
- Coordinates and conducts cultural, wellness & nutrition education presentations/activities.
- Coordinates with community organizations to facilitate specialized exercise classes or guest speakers as needed.
- Obtains, accounts for and dispenses wellness supplies and materials.
- Renders administrative task support assistance at program centers. •Performs other related duties as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate;
Two years of experience in recreational, social, health, or aging services programs; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Standing, walking, and assisting older adults as needed.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Position requires ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds, bend/crouch, push/pull, squat/kneel, reach, data entry, walk, sit, stand, and file.
- Transport of small equipment and pre-packaged meals will be necessary at times.
- Facilitate active seniors group activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assists in developing wellness and recreational programs for active older adults.
- Conducts and supervises indoor and outdoor wellness programs.
- Coordinates and conducts cultural and current event discussions.
- Coordinates with community organizations to facilitate specialized exercise classes as needed.
- plans and coordinates recreational fieldtrips for active older adults
- Obtains, accounts for, and dispenses wellness supplies and materials.
- Renders administrative task support assistance at program centers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of wellness programs and recreational for active older adults.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to assess wellness and recreational programs needs and facilitate programs.
- Ability to accurately record center members’ attendance, participation in programs, and other related data in computer database.
- Position will work in an assigned senior/dining center with shared work space.
- Significant time will be spent researching, planning & facilitating group activities ,discussion groups and special events.
- Travel will be required for training, staff meetings and marketing/outreach.
- Occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.