Event Coordinator Part-Time
|Date Opened||6/14/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2019 12:00:00 PM|
Three or more years of experience in hospitality services including handling room reservations and setting up both small meetings and large events.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of the Children's Board facilities
- Working knowledge of the type and size of support services required to staff meetings, special events and community functions
- Working knowledge of meeting preparation
- Working knowledge of safety requirements for events or functions
- Working knowledge of reservation software
- Working knowledge of audio/ visual components
- Skill in the coordination of diverse support services
- Skill in superior customer service
- Ability to work evening, weekend and day shifts
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to deal with clients and others in stressful situations
- Ability to use a computer and related software
- Provides daily set-up and break down of several conference meeting rooms to include moving tables and chairs multiple times per day as well as Audio/Visual set up and assistance.
- Supports all facilities related requests for moving office furniture, emptying trash and housekeeping.
- Inspects final setup to ensure facility is event ready, assists with essential central services such as cleaning, waste disposal, and recycling, assists with room set ups and strikes in accordance with conference center reservations.
- Responds to all CBHC Conference Center reservation requests, manages confirmed reservations, ensures that all reservations comply with procedures, coordinates reservations and assigns appropriate meeting space to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and collaborates with peers on conference center activities to ensure the smooth operation of events, functions and services to cover various areas of responsibility during daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Answers telephones, provides information on the CBHC, greets guests, shows conference rooms, assists with essential central services such as reception, answers and confirms public inquiry calls from the general public, routes callers to appropriate resources and supports their navigation with knowledge, discretion and sensitivity.
- Provides technical, and logistical support for meeting planners, event coordinators, guests, and confirmed reservation holders and assists with essential central services such as electronic e-mail/archiving.
- May serve as organizational point of contact for CBHC events including registration, promotion and logistics (name tags, registration, lists and confirmations) for specialized internal events.
- Provides support services and oversight in the absence of Supervisor of Building and Grounds, assists and provides essential central services such as security/maintenance.
- Supports and maintains Building and Conference Center data collection efforts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.