Customer Service Representative (Bi-Lingual-Spanish)(50 App Max)
|Date Opened||6/13/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/19/2019 8:52:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,142.40 - $43,638.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- This position is responsible for resolving escalated or complex customer service matters and performing front-line customer service duties in call centers, offices, and intake areas.
- Must be able Bi-lingual and speak Spanish
High School diploma or GED Certificate;
Successful completion of the Hillsborough County Customer Service Trainee period, or one year as a customer service representative in a call center.
An equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that would reasonably be expected to perform the job competencies noted.
- Employees will be in an office environment in a sedentary position.
- Sitting for extended periods of time, continuous data entry work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Uses office equipment and software to receive and respond to customer requests and complaints, document needs and concerns, and refer customers to other parties.
- Establishes and updates customer records, makes account adjustments, and processes payments.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills and etiquette while communicating with customers both verbally and in writing.
- Schedules services and/or dispatches service providers based on set parameters. Communicates with operational teams at designated times and when changes will affect work plans and/or customer needs or solutions.
- Operates systems and software to find, verify, and enter information, distribute information or correspondence, and to track/report time spent on various tasks.
- Reconciles/updates customer accounts, funding sources, and billing systems.
- Applies designated procedures, guidelines, tools, and resources to accomplish job duties.
- Coordinates with other departments, organization, or service providers based on customer needs and set guidelines.
- Follow up with customers at designated frequency, intervals or sets of circumstances to give updates, provide notification or guidance, and request information or feedback.
- Provides customer service support or related duties when required by the Office of Emergency Management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of standard call center operations and customer service best practices.
- Skill in the use of service-oriented phrases and techniques to achieve resolution.
- Skill in listening actively to discern customers’ needs.
- Ability to evaluate customer information to determine course of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
- Ability to use computer and software to quickly and accurately enter data.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*