Traffic Sign/Marking Supervisor
|Date Opened||5/21/2019 10:19:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,686.40 - $63,502.40/year|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Three years of experience operating pavement marking equipment, and/or fabricating and installing traffic control signs; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Supervises the pavement marking and sign fabrication and installation unit to include inspecting work to ensure compliance with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) standards; issuing work orders; preparing reports; preparing input to the annual budget process and monitoring budget expenditures; inventorying and recommending the purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- May apply pavement markings, or fabricate and install traffic control signs.
- Interprets and/or investigates work orders, sketches and blueprints to calculate measurements and materials needed.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements actions necessary for road closures in accordance with FDOT standards.
- Responds to and takes necessary actions to resolve citizen complaints, and prepares required reports.
- Drives a motor vehicle to perform some of the position duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of MUTCD and FDOT traffic standards applicable to the application of roadway markings, sign fabrication and installation, and/or road closures.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of roadway marking and sign fabrication and installation equipment.
- Knowledge of high school level mathematics.
- Knowledge of basic drafting.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Skill in operating and performing minor maintenance on small, medium and long line paint stripers, premelters, epoxy machines, paint marking grinders, thermoplastic machines and generators.
- Skill in using sign fabrication and installation tools and equipment such as squeeze and roller sheet applicators, electric/hydraulic die cutter, silk screen table, vacuum table, high intensity lamp, hot oven and computerized stencil cutter.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, maps, and work orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SOME POSITIONS
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). FDOT MOT (Maintenance of Traffic) Intermediate Level Certification IMSA (International Municipal Signal Association) Traffic Sign Level II Certification.
- This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
This internal recruitment is restricted to all internal Hillsborough County staff, to include, full time, part time, classified, unclassified, probationary, temporary, and seasonal employees from all Hillsborough County Agencies.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*