Court Clerk II (Court Operations)
|Date Opened||5/31/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,928.00 - $50,710.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
*please note: this opportunity is open for current, tenured Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Two or more years of experience utilizing the Odyssey Case Manager application.
- Experience with new case initiation in the Odyssey application.
- Working knowledge of court processes.
- Ability to multi-task and triage issues.
- Some familiarity with State Reporting requirements.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Three (3) years of clerical experience; including
Two (2) years of experience in the processing, examining, preparing or reviewing of any type of legal document.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
- Some knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
- Some knowledge of English grammar and spelling, and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
- Ability to type, operate data processing, word processing and other office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with government officials, other employees, and the public.
- Interacts with customers, attorneys and members of the Judiciary.
- Receives, inputs new cases and processes additional filings into case management system.
- Accepts and processes submitted legal documents.
- Processes court orders.
- Researches records and work independently.
- Provide information concerning general court procedures to the general public, other departments and agencies.
- Prepares, processes, maintains legal records, court files, minutes, calendars, and dockets.
- Receives, verifies, examines legal forms and court documents to ensure adherence to court procedures.
- Processes, indexes a variety of reports and other materials according to established procedures.
- Performs FAST duties to include working in various computer systems, e.g., OBTS, SRS, TCATS, D6, and MECOM.
- Records case dispositions, court orders and arrangements for payment of court fees.
- Prepares letters, memoranda, and reports as necessary.
- Assist Jury Services Department on weekly Jury day.
- Assist business departments in movement/relocation of court documents. May include light/moderate lifting of boxes/materials.
- Performs other related duties identified by Court Operations management.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.