Recreation Leader (Temporary-Summer)
|Date Opened||2/28/2019 10:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.11 - $16.11/hour|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application; and
Six (6) months of experience in organized recreational programs; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assist in the development and implementation of community activities and services.
- Provides customer service to the public; assists the public in planning activities and events; prepares facilities for group and recreation activities; assists in facility maintenance and room set up; prepares and maintains facility activity records.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of a variety of existing and new recreation programs, special events and activities.
- Records daily attendance and/or receipts.
- Performs basic participant safety inspections.
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and conducting recreational programs.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and occupational hazards and safety precautions required in the recreation field.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.