Oracle EBS Developer
|Date Opened||2/18/2019 08:26:00 AM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Oracle EBS Developer position will develop, maintain and support Oracle E-Business Suite, including:
- Designing and developing reports and dashboards using Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE); as well as with the use of technical tools such as SQL Developer.
- Designing, developing and maintaining external interfaces and data conversions between Oracle E-Business Suite and other systems.
This position will work with other management staff in the Enterprise Solutions and Quality Assurance department to develop new repots and data-based solutions, provide configuration management support, implement system upgrades and work directly with the hosted services provider to resolve issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics or related field (Job related work experience can be substituted for education)
- 2 years or more of Oracle Business Intelligence experience with an emphasis on developing analytical reports
- 2 years or more demonstrated experience in designing and developing interfaces
- 2 years or more of experience developing solutions for Oracle EBS with experience covering the following areas: SQL and PLSQL, Reports, Oracle Interface Tables, and JDeveloper Advanced SQL skills, with experience querying large data sets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting
- Working knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite and standard tables
- Experience integrating new data sources with Oracle Business Intelligence, including changes to the RPD and Creation of new subject areas
- Experience with Oracle’s development tools, including Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Workflow Builder, Business Events, Web ADI, and OAF
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates, maintains and supports complex custom reports and dashboards for Hillsborough County departments, managers and employees utilizing Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Designs, develops and supports external interfaces and data conversions from Oracle EBS
- Maintains interfaces from third party systems for import/export into/from Oracle EBS
- Supports development of Oracle interfaces, conversions, reports, and other customizations including creation of documentation, code and unit test results
- Provides technical expertise with OBIEE architecture, administration tool, security, analysis and dashboard design and development
- Responds to user ad-hoc requests for data, advising and assisting with options for providing requested information
- Works collaboratively with department, program managers, and support staff to understand issues, develop, discuss, document, implement and manage reporting solutions within the Business Intelligence environment
- Identifies additional reporting opportunities to combine multiple data sources to provide new and unique data analysis opportunities for County management
- Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Oracle EBS modules and business processes, as well as underlying data sources through independent research and collaboration/communication with all levels of staff
- Work closely with the business and others in the support department to develop new solutions and extend the functionality of Oracle EBS
- Knowledge of: principals, practices and techniques of planning, formulating, analyzing, designing and implementing solutions
- Knowledge of information technologies and methodologies (Oracle, SDLC, ITIL)
- Must possess a high skill set in the following areas: collaboration; communication; teamwork; analysis, and customer service.
- Must possess a high skill set with Microsoft Office products Must possess a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to plan and manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team having diverse responsibilities
- Ability to investigate, familiarize and master new data sources and tables quickly
- Ability to design, implement, monitor and modify programs and reports
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze complex reports and studies
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.