Recreation Leader (Community Safety Inspector)
|Date Opened||1/9/2019 12:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.11 - $16.11/hour|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application; and
Six (6) months of experience in organized recreational programs; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- Must be able to work outside in a subtropical climate in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Determines whether applicable external organizations are performing their daily activities in compliance with their agreed upon contracts or lease agreements.
- Ensures organizations are in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, laws and regulations, and in a manner consistent with objectives and standards of administrative practices and applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Makes, or assists in making, oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the evaluations.
- Prepares formal written reports, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the applicable external organization's processes and the efficiency with which their activities are carried out.
- Maintains records of scheduled and completed assignments and documents findings.
- Evaluates contracted jobs, as required, to ensure completeness and a safe environment for the citizens of Hillsborough County.
- Inspects equipment and grounds for any safety issues at non-programmed parks and reports the findings to parks maintenance for repair or replacement.
- Assists in delivery, setup and removal of equipment and materials needed for special events throughout the county.
- Provides input on changes and implementation of safety related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and conducting recreational programs.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and occupational hazards and safety precautions required in the recreation field.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.