Planning & Zoning Tech
|Date Opened||1/14/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,001.60 - $61,568.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Associates Degree.
- Three years experience working with the public on matters involving zoning, planning, real estate, engineering or legal matters
- Working knowledge of terminology used in legal descriptions and land use.
- Working knowledge of State and County laws, ordinances, and regulations governing planning and zoning matters.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university; and
- Three years of public contact experience involving zoning, planning, engineering, real estate, or legal matters; or
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above; and
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Meets with land development customers seeking the issuance of required permits for land development projects.
- Functions as lead worker in the research, reviewing, and coordination of land use and planning matters.
- Verifies and researches land descriptions utilizing zoning maps, legal descriptions, software and other related files.
- Ensures permits issued are in compliance with FEMA, Federal and State, County and other applicable regulations and codes.
- Coordinates, prepare and attend hearings.
- Process Hearing changes and recommendations from Hearing Officer.
- Provides assistance to customers and responds to inquiries/complaints.
- Tracks the status of requests as they go through the permitting process.
- Maintain all documents for both the master file and electronic file.
- Verify completeness of all legal notice requirements for each application.
- Knowledge of State and County Laws, ordinances, and regulations governing planning & zoning matters.
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of land development and construction terminology.
- Ability to interact with the public in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Able to read and interpret maps, plans, aerials and other related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*