Program Assistant Part-Time
|Date Opened||1/8/2019 1:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Experience working with plants native to Florida and activities promoting environmental and water conservation.
6-12 months of prior teaching experience.
Presentation and organizational skills required.
Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license or have a means of transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement water conservation educational programs for homeowners.
- This program will encompass the organization and implementation of workshops (weekdays, nights and weekends), demonstrations, exhibits and other educational events.
- Assist the public with answers to questions on water conservation strategies.
- Order supplies for educational programs (to include hand-outs, microirrigation kits, hose nozzles, etc.).
- Promote the program through the media via press releases, feature articles, radio, television, webpage, FFL Facebook and other social marketing techniques.
- Evaluate effectiveness of program and make recommendations for improvements.
- Monthly and quarterly reports are required, as is attendance and participation in Extension office and Horticulture program monthly meetings.