Engineering Associate (Project Control)
|Date Opened||1/24/2019 11:01:00 AM|
|Salary||$57,012.80 - $91,790.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in engineering, business management, accounting, or related field; and
Fifteen years of demonstrated experience in program/project management experience in project controls and scheduling. Experience utilizing Primavera P6 Project Management Software preferred, but not required.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is performed in the office and construction sites
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Establishes administrative procedures, policies and guidelines to ensure operational efficiently and effective administration of scope, schedule, and budget within assigned programs.
- Manages the development and updating of preliminary and detailed project schedules and budgets utilizing Primavera P6 software for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Coordinates and updates project schedule and expenditure data utilizing Primavera P6 software on a regular basis with County and Consultant Project Managers; performs quality control on existing data, creates reports for supervisory management and other staff on an as needed basis.
- Analyzes project schedule information and provides recommendations for delay mitigation and reporting.
- Reviews and proactively acts on project management, administrative and operational problems.
- Coordinates with other branches/sections within own organization and external agencies/departments, and other project team members to ensure efficient flow of communications and services; interprets, explains and ensures compliance with system requirements and procedures.
- Trains new and existing project managers in Critical Path Scheduling process and ensures that monthly updates and new projects are correctly submitted on time.
- Assess project staffing needs and recommends appropriate staffing to complete project/program objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Proficiency in the use of Primavera Project Management Software.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access.
- Considerable knowledge of project management theory, practices, techniques and tools.
- Ability to effectively coordinate resources and manage these resources for successful project delivery.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and develop logical solutions to improve program performance and project delivery.
- Skill in developing tracking systems to monitor and record work progress on a monthly basis for analysis and historical purposes.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to develop computer based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.