Lead Food & Beverage Attendant
|Date Opened||12/14/2018 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
In addition, the Lead Food and Beverage Attendant shall be responsible for adherence to Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service.
High school or a GED certificate and
Two years of food and beverage preparation work experience and
Possession of a valid driver's license
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the food and beverage department.
- Working knowledge of short order food and alcohol preparation and service.
- Working knowledge of proper sanitation practices and products utilized in food and beverage preparation.
- Knowledgeable in the laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Willingness and ability to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness (“First in, First Out”). This includes preparing, labeling, dating, rotating and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
- Ability to handle cash and financial transactions.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to learn and understand Point of Sale (POS) sales systems.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and work in non-air-conditioned environment.
- Greets guests to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Takes food and beverage orders. Collects payments and operates the cash registers. Prepares food and beverages; prepares and serves alcoholic beverages.
- Provides directions and other information on pricing and food/beverage selection as needed.
- Reviews documents, receipts and payments for correctness; calculates amounts to be collected; and processes payments using a computerized cashiering system.
- Assists in verifying and reconciling cash drawer upon completion of work shift; prepares deposit slip to be included in daily cash receipts.
- Assists in monitoring satellite food and beverage locations, sales activities and inventory replenishment as needed; assists in verifying and reconciling cash and inventories; prepares deposit slips to be included in daily food and beverage cash receipts.
- Assists with inventory control measures at the Sportsplex of Tampa Bay; reviews and reports all inconsistencies in cash or inventory to the Operations Manager and/or Director of the Sportsplex upon discovery.
- Ensures that food and beverage preparation and serving areas are kept in a clean and neat manner in accordance within established food preparation regulations.
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Provides training to any volunteers working the stand.
- Other duties, functions, and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.