|Date Opened||9/11/2018 3:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,000.00 - $41,600.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Prefer graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Sports Management, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
Management experience in facility management, sports marketing or sports recreation field.
Under the direction of the Soccer Complex Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, scheduling, controlling and monitoring events, food and beverage, merchandise and parking operations to ensure revenue generation and the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the overall appearance/integrity of the complex facilities for the customers.
In addition, the Operations Manager shall be responsible for adherence to Tampa Sports Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service.
Two years of experience in recreation management, event operations, concessions, or sports marketing; and
Possession of a valid Driver’s license.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- The Operations Manager of the soccer complex shall be knowledgeable in all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the soccer operations division
- Knowledge of principals and techniques used in the successful management of tournament recreational sports complexes
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and demonstrated ability to operate electronic space scheduling system and business application software
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications
- Adjustments of leave, shifts and breaks may be required upon short notice
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the public
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others
- Assists in implementing day to day operational policies and procedures for the department by coordinating, planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of food, beverage, event and parking operations staff; Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by implementing established goals and supervising the part time and volunteer operations staff.
- Oversees and participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of part-time and volunteer food, beverage, merchandise and parking operations personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures; Ensures the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of formalized training and education programs for part-time food, beverage, merchandise, and parking staff.
- Assists in the oversight and monitoring of daily cash receipts and complete daily bank deposits within Authority guidelines and procedures; Assists with inventory control measures; Reviews and reports any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to the Authority finance department and the Director – Soccer Complex in a timely fashion.
- Assists in the day to day management of all building structures and systems for the Soccer Complex: turf, soccer equipment, roofs, floors, grounds, life safety, HVAC equipment, electrical, plumbing, telecommunications; Conducts regular facility inspections to review sports complex conditions, facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings with the Director – Soccer Complex to assist in maintaining a superior level of function, polish and efficiency; Recommends equipment, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority soccer customers.
- In the absence of the Director – Soccer Complex, ensures the safety of customers, staff, contractors and equipment by monitoring weather conditions daily, and will close the Soccer Complex when hazardous conditions exist.
- Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers; As directed, performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel; Counsels subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues; Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required; Travels to meetings held off site, as needed.
- Assists in the scheduling and the coordination with outside organizations, code officials, vendors, city departments, private firms and clients and operational service contractors, to include facilities maintenance, security services and catering companies who frequently service the Soccer Complex.
- Assists with social media communication and tournament sales/oversight to provide the best value to the citizens of Hillsborough County while maximizing revenues; Assists in the development and implementation of revenue development strategies and operating efficiency measures, programs and systems to maintain or improve customer satisfaction
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Seeks out, develops, and assists in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our customers; Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Participates in budget meetings and provides input relating to expenditure projection as directed; Assists in the development and oversight of capital improvement projects with an eye toward providing superior facilities and equipment; Assists in developing accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases; Reviews and approves facility staff payroll and daily departmental purchases in the absence of the Director – Soccer Complex; Follows all Authority purchasing procedures.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports of departmental activities; Assists in maintaining Soccer Complex filing system and records to ensure that all required documentation, receipts, inventories, event details, licensing, personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained.
- Performs other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.