Fleet Technician (Certification Level 1)
|Date Opened||9/10/2018 08:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,160.00 - $40,768.00|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and Successful completion of an approved vocational school or technical training program; and
- Two years of experience in the repair and maintenance of automobiles, truck, or equipment; and
- Possession of a valid Driver License.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above; and
- Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Will be required to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch for frequent and extended periods of times.
- Ability to lift and carry 75-lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse or extreme weather conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Performs minor and major repairs, preventative maintenance and repair diagnostics to county vehicles and equipment to ensure they function properly and safely.
- Diagnoses and performs minor repairs to vehicle and equipment systems, such as braking, climate control, electrical, electronic, steering and driveline to determine repair requirements.
- Troubleshoots vehicle systems using computer interfaces and generic code scanners to obtain trouble codes from vehicle Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Services engines, transmissions, differentials, fuel systems, braking systems, climate control systems, and hydraulic systems by changing fluids and filters, and flushing systems in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
- Uses micrometers, calipers, pressure gauges, dial indicators and other precision instruments to determine working clearances on mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Places orders for required parts, materials and supplies, as required.
- Inputs information into computer, database or related software to maintain records such as repair, maintenance, equipment, and customer service history.
- Inputs information into a computer, database or related software to maintain records such as repair, maintenance, equipment, and customer service history.
- Maintains tools, supplies, and workstations in a clean, safe and presentable manner.
- Assists staff with physical inventory of equipment, parts, supplies and tools, as required.
- Assists staff in major repairs of vehicles and equipment.
- Assists staff in complex and non-standard retrofitting of additional accessories or equipment, in accordance with customer specifications.
- Performs road tests and operational checks of vehicles and equipment to insure quality of repairs and service.
- Attends meetings, training sessions, educational courses; reviews videos, online resources and paper manuals and materials to maintain current repair and maintenance methods and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of vehicle and equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper testing procedures and methods to determine accuracy of repairs.
- Skill in retrofitting accessories and equipment to vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, as it relates to customer needs and deadlines.
- Ability to utilize computers, databases and related software.
- Ability to provide guidance, training, and direction to lower-level staff.
- Ability to represent the county with professionalism, tact, and courtesy.
- Ability to resolve or elevate requests for assistance.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*