|Date Opened||9/24/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$15-$17/Hour To Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Two years of experience in the field of construction or a related field; and
Successful completion of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 within one (1) year of hire; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Basic knowledge of state and county laws, ordinances and regulations governing real estate review and evaluation
- Basic knowledge of real estate property appraisal and construction principles, practices, methods and procedures
- Basic knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures
- General knowledge of construction materials
- Ability to locate, identify, and accurately measure the exterior of dimensions and when necessary, make a thorough inspection of the interior of assigned properties
- Ability to accurately enter data collected into appraisal, computer-database application
- Ability to pursue additional education to receive the Certified Florida Evaluator (CFE) designation
- Ability to read and interpret maps, blueprints, plats and aerial photos
- Ability to identify, evaluate and record structural features, construction methods and quality, and/or zoning, size, and use
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Ability to use a computer and related software
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in sub-tropical climates under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Independently plan, organize, and prepare daily work activities.
- Review assigned work using digital imagery, printed property record cards, permits, maps, and the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal System (CAMA).
- Conduct on-site and follow-up inspections to locate, list, and value real estate property as described by property owners or contained in blue prints, building permits, and/or aerial photos.
- Collect and update data related to real estate property location, size, and use.
- Records information for real estate property valuation on prescribed forms and compiles and reviews various reports.
- Responds to real estate property assessment inquiries from staff and the general public.
- Performs minor safety and operational checks of assigned vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as required.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.