Board Recording Secretary (Trainee)
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,924.80 - $53,913.60/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• excellent writing and grammar skills, including the ability to summarize notes and condense into minute form (previous writing experience preferred)
• excellent customer service skills to include interaction with the public, attorneys, elected officials, and other governmental agencies
• the ability be detail-oriented, organized, and meet deadlines
• the ability to work independently with little interaction and project a professional image in demeanor and dress at all times that will be an example to coworkers
• strong ethics, integrity, accountability, and a team player mentality
• the ability to maintain confidential information and uphold the highest level of professional discretion
• the ability to multi-task
• the ability to work under stressful conditions for extended periods of time and work evening hours, overtime, and a variety of work schedules, including special, emergency, and/or disaster situations
Four (4) years of clerical or secretarial experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of business English grammar, spelling, punctuation and modern office policies, procedures and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation of audio recording software and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation of voting software.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation of word processing and data processing programs and equipment.
- Ability to prepare documents, prepare work related reports, compose letters and memoranda, interpret complicated conversations, summarize notes and condense them into minute form.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions and make sound judgment decisions in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Ability and willingness to work under stressful conditions for extended periods of time, work evening hours, overtime and a variety of work schedules including special, emergency and/or disaster situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
NOTE: Incumbents function in a trainee capacity to gain proficiency in the duties listed below and become eligible for promotion to Board Recording Secretary.
- Attends and records meetings using a laptop computer, recording software and log notes.
- Transcribes log notes and recordings into summary minutes for the official record.
- Operates voting system during meetings, announces votes and maintains voting reports.
- Administers required oaths to individuals giving testimony and newly elected board members.
- Imports and scans minutes and backup information into document management information databases and indexes information.
- Performs basic clerical duties such as record keeping, maintaining files, logbooks and databases.
- Assists in on-the-job training of new employees.
- Responds to public records requests.
- May supervise lower level clerical or administrative personnel.
- Acts as backup for Document Processing, Zoning, and Value Adjustment Board.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.