(Senior) Media Relations Strategist
|Date Opened||8/10/2018 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,012.80 - $91,790.40/year|
|Department||Communications & Digital Media Svcs|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A Bachelor's degree:
Five years of experience planning, implementing, or managing media relations, public relations, community relations, marketing, integrated communications programs. Media management or crisis communications response.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position takes place in an office environment.
- Requires sitting for an extended period of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Steady and analytical editorial judgment.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and utilize poise and tact during difficult situations.
- Ability to motivate and provide guidance to teammates.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national current events/trends.
- Knowledge of how media outlets function internally, and how media interacts with government.
- Strong media relations plan development and execution.
- Strong crisis management skills.
- Strong copywriting, editorial, and fact finding skills.
- Working knowledge of technology and trends for communications.
- Ability to research and target influencers and key audiences.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations/media relations strategy development and how it relates to positive public/media relations.
- Knowledge of writing and editing press releases, positioning stories, pitches, articles and other communications materials.
- Knowledge of photography and an understanding of visual standards, and working knowledge of storytelling through photos and the applications of visual standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Relations profession Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and proofreading.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and target audiences.
- Thorough understanding of the local media market.
- Skill to create content for public relations collateral including brand journalism content.
- Strong copywriting and editorial skills.
- Ability to engage a diverse team of professional employees, and partners in developing goals, executing plans, and delivering results.
- Ability to mobilize teams, building momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently.
- Ability to use negotiation skills and adaptability to encourage recognition of joint concerns, collaboration, and to influence the success of outcomes.
- Ability to manage content and program development end-to-end providing direction, working integrated across departments and within the Communications & Digital Media team.
- Ability to handle extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information, and materials.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment in order to protect the County’s reputation.
- Ability to assist in writing and editing press releases, pitches and articles.
- Ability to provide expert counsel on effective public relations strategies to produce effective outcomes.
- Ability to think strategically in order to develop and execute public relations programs and provide counsel to client departments on the best way to communicate information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including presentations.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with others while maintaining a positive, proactive attitude.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.